Its been a while since I've had a few minutes to update! Perhaps one
of these days I'll recount the entire saga of events leading up to
this purchase…but long story short- it was an emotional roller
coaster, but now we have a great house that's cheaper than our monthly
rent! We closed the evening of May 1st and that was our first night
living in our new home!
The guys (Steve and my dad) have been bringing furniture in, boxes in
slowly (our garage is still full!), putting light kits on the ceiling
fans and starting painting tomorrow! We got the carpet cleaned
yesterday and we have Internet being hooked-up tomorrow. Eventually,
the guys will play with the new wall mount for the tv…until then we
are detached from news…which at this point has been kind of nice!
Our really BIG projects coming up:
– get flashing on the roof (should be completed by a friend soon)
– repair a small portion of dry-wall (same friend)
– fix the boys shower (find a plumber)
– install fan bathroom vents (assuming this is electrical…not sure
who to get for that one!)
– understand how to operate the sprinkler system (we have a guy coming
– garbage disposal install (not sure who to get for this one
either…not a necessity, but would make things a lot easier!!).
– get a dishwasher! Hopefully shopping tomorrow!
…unpack the rest of the garage!
So this may take a bit longer than I would have imagined…but we are
in a great house! I find myself exhausted most of the time right
now…but IVIG should help with this and my pain-level. I should get
this treatment either late next week or early the week after!
What a whirlwind! One of these days I will be able to relax…maybe…
More to come! I'm awake because I've been sleeping on the couch. Steve
accidentally purchased oil-based primer and breathing in the fumes
literally made me sick! I'm at the furthest possible point away from
nasal-contact…still not far enough!!! New house smell…NOT!!!!